5:24 PM Comment4 Comments

Some pictures from the last few months in Woleai...

Tiny!


Not so tiny any more!


She still likes to eat out of my hand, but she's getting too big to ride on my shoulder...so sad when your turtles grow up.


Where I go to watch the sunset.


There are many different kinds of sunsets...


Some are dynamic and awe-inspiring...


Some are purple and pink :-)...


Some are yellow...


Others are simply magnificent manifestations of light...


And some look rather like rubber duckies :-)


School Picnic (no, he's not a student...that's Santus)


School Picnic


Reunion with Gita in Woleai


High School Graduation


Sow-how in his first thu!


BIG FOOT...literally. Infection (cellulitus) - VERY unpleasant!! All better now.


Host mother and littlest brother (Yap) - gotta love 'em!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

I think those are the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.

It sounds like you are learning so much about yourself by way of an amazing cultural and environmental experience. You can't ask for more than that! Although I understand the wanting to know if and how it will all lead you. But I think you will see the road signs and they will come, subtle as they may be(or not) I would think just being present will help.


Glad you are well. Thanks for this great blog!

Evelyn

A Worthwhile Alternative said...

Omg! I love your little sea turtle!!! Everyone has to have a pet to maintain their sanity, something to love that doesn't have any expectations of you... and I'm glad yours is just about the quirkiest one I can imagine. xoxoxoxo,

liz

Hiwa Lani said...

OMG the last photo. I miss Mama Ramona and not so lil Jaeden so much. Thank You for sharing the photo Emily!

juanjuergens said...

I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks.
best spiritual movies

Post a Comment