1:21 PM Comment2 Comments

Just a quick update. Everything is going really well...language training has calmed down a bit and training in general is a little more relaxed. I'm enjoying my host family and community here, but I'm also really looking forward to getting out to Woleai so I can really settle in and get my feet set for the next two years. Everyone I tell I'm going to Woleai replies with one of two things - either "take a mosquito net" or "lucky! It's so beautiful!" I'm stoked.

I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to my family and friends who have sent letters and care packages. At the PO today I had four packages and I could definitely feel the love! It's really great to hear from friends and I love opening packages in front of the other PCVs, who have all declared that they're taking notes from me on what to ask from their friends. They keep saying I must have really great friends, and I tell them YES. I ABSOLUTELY DO! So thank you thank you thank you!

Oh, and just as a quick side note on the wardrobe...I have not yet 'gone local' to the full extent. I have been given two beautiful lavalavas, but it's not tops-off until the swear-in ceremony. It's been fun to hear the little stories about all the fun and laughter my new lifestyle is causing :-) I'm happy you think of me when you laugh. There are many, many moments here where I smile or laugh just thinking about you and the memories we have.

I have another post in the works, so be on the lookout for Mr. Shark-Bite and what a man-eat-dog world it is here. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to get your updates. Everyone I know that knows you looks forward to your posts--as do I. It will be sad when you no longer have computer access :( Love you. Cate

Anonymous said...

Wow I actually was able to post this. It's cold and rainy today. 85 degrees sounds good. We're into this every other day rainy period. Strange. How much longer can we send packages to you on Yap? Do you need mosquito netting? I'd be happy to send you some. Cate

Post a Comment