4:46 PM Comment0 Comments

Thanks to everyone for posting and reading! I typed up a nice long new post on my new iTouch, but I'm having trouble getting it online. Cross your fingers for me and be on the lookout. In the meantime...

The good news is aplently, including:

  • I AM SAFE! I know there were a lot of natural disasters in my neck of the ocean, but I steared clear for the most part (my host family moved me to a church one night just as a precaution)
  • I AM HEALTHY! I guess it must have just been food poisoning. It passed :-)
  • I AM CONNECTED! Well, somewhat. I will be here in Colonia, the capital, for the next five weeks and there is access to internet. My fam sent me some great packages - thank you! - including an iTouch, and I'm hoping to use it to receive/send email and make some calls via Skype. Be on the lookout for an international number

Like always, I'd love to hear from you, esp. as communication now is going to be much easier than in the future. I'm very isolated here, so I'm hungry for news from the people and places I love :-)

Kristin - congrats on the move! Be prepared to entertain my qusetions about possibly tackling the AT when I get back

Jamie D - glad you're healthy. I did see 500 days of Summer...I loved the dance scene and the Hans Solo reference. Otherwise, I'd say I just liked it.

Jamie O - miss you too, can't wait to be penpals!

Cate - "When elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers"...read this today and thought fondly of you. Keep a list of all the movies we'll have to watch together in two years :-)

Mary - I hope you figured it out. I know mail can be a little tricky. Kick butt at poker for me!

Everyone else, thanks again and be well - I'll hopefully be in touch again soon!

emily

0 comments:

Post a Comment