5:26 PM Comment1 Comments

There has been a sudden change of plans and I am leaving this Monday. Training has been bumped up due to the ship leaving today. No, I am not going on the ship...yet. In an unexpected turn of events, we Woleaians will catch a plan on Monday out to Fais (an outer island) where we will meet this ship and then head out to Woleai (over 2-3 days).

I'm not sure if I am ready to head back out, but my stuff is on the ship and training has commnenced. I am very bummed not to have more time to communicate with more people, but I am hoping to be a more intentional letter writer in my time on island. I should be in again around the end of May/June. So soon and so far away at the same time.

A HUGE thank you for all the support I've received while being here. I received TEN (!!!) packages from family and friends yesterday, just in time to open them, be in awe at how generous and wonderful you all are, and then pack them up to go on the ship. As far as future packages and mail, it all depends on when the ship goes out. I have received PLENTY to tie me over for some time, so please don't feel the need to go over board. Honestly, I'm stunned at your generosity. Thank you.

I'm still a bit shell shocked by the whole sudden change in plans, so forgive me in my reeling state if I am forgetting something major. But rest assured that I will think of you often and keep you in my heart over the next few months, in all its ebbs and flows.

Wish me peace and luck!
emily

1 comments:

Kristin said...

i woke up last night with a pit in my stomach, and shortly after my phone rang. it was unavailable, and i'm assuming it was you. i'm so sorry i didn't make it to the phone if it was you, and that you have to go back to woleai before you're really ready. i do know that a fresh perspective is priceless and that you are a truly beautiful, amazing person who has an amazing ability to see the silver lining. i love you and talking to you on skype was a thrill. now go take care of that sea turtle! Love,
Kristin

Post a Comment