2:51 AM Comment0 Comments

Good news to report: I have arrived at my last day and all is well!  My bags are packed (except for some last minute goodies) and I'm looking at around 40 pounds of check luggage and two carry ons - woot!


On my dwindling TA-DA list (just swap an 'a' for an 'o' in to-do and it becomes infinitely more exciting) remains: 
  • Make doughnuts with Mom (equipped with matching doughnut makers, no less!)
  • 'Bequeath' my scooter to Dad
  • Finalize my music selection for the next two years and load up my iPod Shuffle
  • Print out and MAIL my deposit slips and checks b/c there are no depositable BoA ATMs in the states of Colorado :-(
  • Make a last call for addresses and finish my address book :-)
  • Make my Wishlist and publish a list of goodies and supplies that would be very welcome in care packages over the next two years, hint hint... [Side note: check out USPS flat rate boxes - you can even ship w/ domestic rates!]
  • Enjoy a final farewell fiesta with the fam!
In other news, yesterday I discovered that one can very successfully transform an otherwise highly un-scrumptious colored (think neon) pair of Crocs into a very attractive and rubberized red!  (Fashion opinions aside, Crocs are a wonderful island and travel shoe, although I wish they'd comp me a pair.)

Thanks to everyone who has wished me well on my new adventure!  I've changed the settings on the comment feature on this blog, so it should be up and running and I'd love to hear from you!

And with that, I'm off to finalize my preparations, crossing my fingers that I've done my best to prepare myself to be unprepared!

"Fate leading, she must needs go on and on, 
Blindly, yet fearing not, till the goal be won."  

0 comments:

Post a Comment